Monday, March 28, 2011

Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God.



I haven't posted anything in awhile because I just couldn't find the time.  Let me explain.  I enjoy a clean and tidy house and my days scheduled, but as of late my life has been in complete chaos.  An entire winter's worth of dust and clutter has consumed my house.  I feel like I'm lost in a sea of toys and childrens art work. My front door rotted and had to be replaced which left my entryway torn apart and unfinished. Everyday I would wake up to another day of cleaning and decluttering, just to find the kids behind me undoing everything that I just did.  To top it off, huge ice chucks fell off my roof and took out my front porch, which can't be replaced until the snow melts. All this combined left me feeling joyless, stressed, and overwhelmed. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but it's necessary for me to share this before I can share of Gods wonderful works.  So one day as we were rushing out of the house late again, one of the girls couldn't find her shoe. Ahhh...  I broke down and called unto the Lord and asked for help. As I was praying I couldn't help but think how my house was resembling what was going on in my heart.  Lots of worldly clutter fogging up my mind and unnecessary anxieties not given to the Lord.  I saw how my time was wasted on pointless TV shows and hobbies as my devotional life dwindled.  As I was thinking about all this, my mind turned to the front entry, "What in the world could unfinished work have to do with my devotional life?"  Did I hear myself say "unfinished work"?  Yes, I have allowed the Lord to begin His work in my life just to stop Him short of completion.  Of course I have lost my joy and peace, I left my first love.  How could this have happened?  I love the Lord and desire to serve Him, right?  Praise God that He answers when we call and is always waiting near for when we return.  These past two weeks I have spent my time repenting, reading, praying, and seeking the kingdom of God.  As I was doing this I began to see the joy and order return to my life.  I'm happy to say my house is clean, organized and clutter free again! (except for the basement!) It's amazing how the Lord has blessed my efforts. I even received the bedroom set I have been praying for, goodbye plastic rubbermaid draws!  As for my entryway, I'm trusting the Lord for completion in His time.

Luke 10:27
Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment